NEWSLETTER SIGN UP FORM: https://bit.ly/3iqPYr0
MATERIALS & CRAFT:
These are natural, baroque freshwater pearls that have been safely dyed to create four romantic pink hues: lavender pink, purple-pink and silver-green pink. Strung on stainless steel rods for strength and durability and the stainless steel hoop creates an industrial chic, modern look. (FREE) gift wrapping options and material information and pearl care tips are detailed below.
are surgical grade stainless steel. If you require hypoallergenic ear wires (not ear posts but ear wires), please message me before making your purchase.
SIMILAR & COMPLEMENTARY PIECES:
Matching Bracelet: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1036127127/lavender-pearl-bracelet-real-freshwater
Pink Pearl and Gold Steel Earrings: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/803692689/pink-pearl-drop-earrings-bridal-earrings
WHY THESE MATERIALS?
Both pearls and stainless steel are non tarnish and will keep their colour for a very long time, if taken cared for properly. Please see the section below on pearl trivia and care.
PACKAGING & GIFT WRAPPING
You will receive your earrings in packaging bearing my personal logo and signature and sealed. The earrings cannot be returned once the seal is broken. It will also arrive gift wrapped in an organza bag, regardless of whether it is marked as a gift or not.
Canada Post now requires a phone number for packages. Your information will be safe and secure.
INTERESTING TRIVIA ABOUT PEARLS:
– Pearls are not minerals because they are formed from biological processes. They are, however, mainly composed of aragonite (a mineral) and conchiolin (a protein produced by mollusks). Some pearls also contain some calcite (another mineral). The resulting substance is called nacre.
– Pearls are porous and can be safely dyed in a myriad of colours. This pearl dyeing, bleaching and tinting techniques are centuries old. It also means that they can absorb chemicals like hairspray and perfumes. Please clean and care for your natural pearls.
– The pearl is a symbol of perfection, incorruptibility, long life and fertility; and because of its luster it is often considered a moon symbol. The pearl also represents hidden knowledge as it is found imbedded deep within mollusk shells.
– Perspiration will damage pearls. Pearls should therefore be worn from skin (such as over clothing) whenever possible. If this is cannot be done, they should be gently cleaned immediately after being worn.
– Do not use harsh chemicals when cleaning pearls.
– Pearls should be gently wiped with a soft cotton cloth or chamois leather after wearing to enhance their natural luster. They should be kept away from hairspray, cosmetics, perfumes and fake tan can damage them. Always put on your pearls on last after perfume and cosmetics have complied dried out.
Don’t hesitate to message me with any other (material or craft) questions you have. I am a geologist and so I have a deeper understanding of mineralogy and some knowledge of material science and natural processes. This includes the materials commonly used in jewelry: sterling silver, silver, gold, stainless steel, brass, copper, nickel silver, gems/minerals (precious and semi-precious), natural pearls, nacre (mother of pearl), sea shell etc.
for looking. I will be making other pearl earrings, so please come back and browse around at a later date.