NEWSLETTER SIGN UP FORM: https://bit.ly/3iqPYr0
Each side of this elegant earring pair consists of four natural freshwater oyster peals. These baroque pearls are not machine perfect and each pearl on one earring was carefully chosen to match the pearl on the other side. FREE gift-wrapping options and information on materials used in the piece are listed below.
Canada Post now requires a phone number for packages. Your information will be safe and secure.
THE MATERIALS & WHY?
The pearls are strung on stainless steel rods for durability and strength and dangled from silver toned stainless steel ear posts. Both pearls and stainless steel are non tarnish and will keep their colour for a very long time, if taken cared for properly. Please see the section below on pearl care and trivia.
are surgical grade stainless steel. If you require hypoallergenic ear wires (not ear posts but ear wires), please message me before making your purchase.
PACKAGING & GIFT WRAPPING
You will receive your earrings in packaging bearing my personal logo and signature and sealed. The earrings cannot be returned once the seal is broken. It will also arrive gift wrapped in an organza bag, regardless of whether it is marked as a gift or not.
INTERESTING TRIVIA ABOUT PEARLS:
– Pearls are not minerals because they are formed from biological processes. They are, however, mainly composed of aragonite (a mineral) and conchiolin (a protein produced by mollusks). Some pearls also contain some calcite (another mineral). The resulting substance is called nacre.
– Pearls are porous and can be safely dyed in a myriad of colours. This pearl dyeing, bleaching and tinting techniques are centuries old. It also means that they can absorb chemicals like hairspray and perfumes. Please clean and care for your natural pearls.
– The pearl is a symbol of perfection, incorruptibility, long life and fertility; and because of its luster it is often considered a moon symbol. The pearl also represents hidden knowledge as it is found imbedded deep within mollusk shells.
– Perspiration will damage pearls. Pearls should therefore be worn from skin (such as over clothing) whenever possible. If this is cannot be done, they should be gently cleaned immediately after being worn.
– Do not use harsh chemicals when cleaning pearls.
– Pearls should be gently wiped with a soft cotton cloth or chamois leather after wearing to enhance their natural luster. They should be kept away from hairspray, cosmetics, perfumes and fake tan can damage them. Always put on your pearls on last after perfume and cosmetics have complied dried out.
I have a deeper understanding of mineralogy and knowledge of material science and natural processes. Don’t hesitate to message me with any other (material or craft) questions you have on the materials commonly used in jewelry: sterling silver, silver, gold, stainless steel, brass, copper, nickel silver, gems/minerals (precious and semi-precious), natural pearls, nacre (mother of pearl), sea shell etc.
for stopping by. First time buyers will receive a coupon with their orders for their next orders. Repeat customers may also randomly receive coupons. Multiple product purchases may receive free gifts.